When and how do you determine the differences between schools?
We advise parents to research area schools early in the home search process - with our assistance in getting answers to their questions.
Here are questions prospective homeowners should ask:
What's the school budget for...
What programs exist for...
- Student instruction, guidance and counseling
- Vocational education
- Teachers' salaries
- Buildings and facilities
- Library and media services
- Transportation facilities
- Sports facilities
How does the school measure up in...
- Advanced placement
- Remedial work
- SAT/ACT/Merit exam preparation
- Computer Science
- Speech and debate
- Sex, drug and alcohol education
- Teachers' educational level
- Activity of parent organizations
- The ratio of pupils per teacher
- Graduation requirements
- The record of college/vocational school placement
- The rate of student suspension or dropout
We can help you get answers to questions about schools in your new area. Click on "Ask Your Own Questions" or call or e-mail us to find out more.