Why Buy Title Insurance?
When you buy a home, you may be surprised to learn that the title insurance you pay for at settlement protects the lender, not the homeowner.
You can, of course, buy your own title insurance to protect your equity. Here are 10 problems title insurance protects you from:
1. Forged deeds or mortgages.
2. Deed from someone who is mentally incompetent or a minor.
3. Deed from a partnership or corporation that is unauthorized
by the partnership agreement or corporate bylaws.
4. Deed challenged
as being given under undue influence or duress.
5. Undisclosed but recorded federal or state tax lien,
judgment, or spousal/child support lien.
6. Undisclosed but recorded
7. Deed executed under falsified power of attorney
or delivered without the consent of grantor.
8. Undisclosed but recorded notice of pending lawsuit affecting land.
9. Undisclosed but recorded easements,
boundary or setback agreements, or environmental lien.
10. Deed not properly recorded.
If you'd like more information about title insurance
or any other closing costs, give us a call.