Where Can You Put That New Bath?
Adding a bath to your home not only adds convenience for you, it also makes your home more valuable (and therefore more easily sold at some future date). But sometimes it's hard to find the space for that extra bath. Here are some suggestions:
- Redesign a present bath and install the additional bath immediately next to it.
- Eliminate a closet or rearrange room walls to accommodate a bath.
- Cut through an outside wall from the kitchen or family room to construct the bathroom at the far end of your garage or carport.
- Tuck the bath in an unused corner of a room or under a staircase. (In really tight space, use scaled-down fixtures.)
- Consider a half-bath instead of a whole one.
After measuring and trying to visualize the new room, consult a contractor or architect before hiring a plumber. There are cost-saving techniques and essential building codes to be considered.
Still can't find space? Maybe it's time you start looking for a new home instead. Call us--we'll be happy to help!