Tools and Gadgets For Holiday Home Gifts
When it comes to home repairs, maintenance and fix-ups, having the right tool for the task at hand can spell the difference between a quick job well done and a frustrating ordeal. If you have a "handyperson" (willing or not) on your holiday gift list, here are some great gifts you could contribute to his or her arsenal of equipment--if he or she hasn't already discovered them.
- Cordless Power Drill (9.6 volt or more) with two rechargeable batteries. Likely to become the most oft-used tool in the box!
- Drill bit set (100 piece or more) to handle any challenge-ceramic, concrete, specialty head shapes, etc. With quick-snap adaptor, even better.
- Portable tool organizer of heavy-duty canvas or rip-stop fabric. Belt, vest or bucket offers ready access to tools, often with dozens of varying pocket sizes.
- Universal socket wrench can adjust to any size, both metric and standard, due to flexible pin design. Some come with power adaptors for electric drills/screwdrivers.
- Spring hose (50' or longer) takes the weight and the winding out of watering tasks, yet stands up to wear and tear.
- Pressure washer for concrete, siding, outdoor furniture, decks, vehicles and much more. Even inexpensive, lower pressure models (about $80) are effective enough for most tasks.
- Electronic stud finder finds the wood, not just the nail holding it in place. Some come with laser leveling devices.
- Carpenter's level comes in handy for everything from tree houses and fencing to hanging picture on the walls.
- Sanding sponges, in various texture grades, offer a tough, rinseable, reusable sanding surface, particularly useful with drywall and spackling compound.