When and how do you determine the differences between schools?
Determining the differences among various schools is something we advise parents to do early in their home search with our assistance in getting answers to their questions.
Here are questions we often suggest transferees ask, to get the information they need both general and specific.
Whats the school budget for...
What programs exist for...
- Student instruction, guidance and counseling
- Vocational education
- Teachers salaries
- Buildings and facilities
- Library and media services
- Transportation facilities
- Sports facilities
How does the school measure up in...
- Advanced placement
- Remedial work
- SAT/ACT/Merit exam preparation
- Computer Science
- Speech and debate
- Sex, drug and alcohol education
- Teachers educational level
- Activity of parent organizations
- The ratio of number of pupils per teacher
- Graduation requirements
- The record of college/vocational school placement
- The rate of student suspension or dropout
We can help you get answers to questions about schools in your new area. Click on "Ask Your Own Questions" or call or e-mail us to find out more.