Why do I pay a commission on the sale of my house?
The commission pays for the services we provide and the expenses we incur in selling your home. Some of our services include:
- Develop a tailored marketing plan
- Advise you on fix-ups
- List the house with a multiple listing service
- Put up a yard sign where permitted
- Attract buyers with advertising and open houses as appropriate
- Screen potential buyers and follow up with agents
- Negotiate the best contract on your behalf
- Supervise a zillion details all the way to settlement for inspections, appraisal, walk through, repairs if needed
- Help you plan your next purchase and your move.
If another agent brings the buyer, the commission is shared with that agent.