How can a home warranty help me sell my home?
You need more than clever gimmicks to sell a home these days. To clinch a sale, many savvy home sellers offer home warranties. Buyers love them because warranties pay for certain home repairs for a year after the sale. Many sellers love them, too, because warranties help get the home sold and may bring in offers closer to the asking price.
Typically, home warranties cover the repair or replacement of a home's heating, plumbing, and electrical systems and major built-in appliances. The cost often runs $350-$450, typically with a small deductible for each repair or replacement.
Shop For The Best Coverage
When shopping for home warranty coverage, compare the following:
- Required pre-warranty inspections.
- Coverage for appliances and systems.
- Deductibles and service fees.
- Dollar caps on total or individual replacement/repair costs.
- Limits on number of repair calls.
- Costs, including any initial or inspection charges.