What are some proven tips to make a relocation go as smoothly as possible?
feel like an imminent car wreck but it doesn't have to be that way. Whether moving your family is a treat or a torture depends a lot on the approach. The secret to avoiding stress is remaining positive, believing that moving is primarily a time of discovery, not regrets.
1. Before The Move.
2. During The Move.
- Accentuate the positive. Be upbeat.
- Gather factual information on what can happen during a move and ways to deal with move-related events.
- Be flexible.
3. After The Move.
- Schedule family recreation time to get away from moving stress.
- Exercise regularly it's a wonderful stress-buster.
- Seek support from friends and family.
- Eat regular, well-balanced meals. Hunger amplifies stress.
- Consider counseling for the adults and children if stress persists.
- Tap community resources to provide the family with information on vital services in the new community.
- Help the family members make new professional and social contacts.