Do You Know How to Do Your Own Pre-Purchase Inspection?
Buying your first - or any - home means taking a cool look at what youíre about to invest in. Here are four major items to check out before you write your check.
- Sills, beams.
- Possible defect: Rot caused by moisture or boring insects.
- Check method: Poke wood with knife for spongy spots, especially near the foundation. Request certification of most recent termite inspection.
- Windows and Doors.
- Possible defect: Sticking, poor weather stripping.
- Check method: Try all openings and note kind and condition of weather stripping.
- Possible defect: Aging, leaking pipes; inadequate water heater or water pressure.
- Check method: Note kind of pipe (copper is best); compare heaterís capacity with family needs; try faucets while flushing for steady faucet flow.
- Possible defects: Insufficient voltage; too few outlets.
- Check method: Compare number of amps to appliance requirements; count outlets.
Our professional staff is waiting to help you find the home of your dreams. Call or e-mail us to find out more.