Fixtures Can Add Beauty, Value And Convenience To Your Home
Little things do count -- sometimes a lot! Adding or replacing some of your home's fixtures -- which will stay with it when you eventually sell -- can give your home an attractive up-to-date look, more functionality and a higher market value. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Distinctive exterior light fixtures, perhaps with motion sensors or timers. Think about floodlights and path lights, too!
- A new mailbox and address plate.
- A new water hose holder or winder.
- A beautiful sounding doorbell.
- A polished brass door plate, door knocker or handle-and-lock set for your front door.
- New knobs or levered handles for interior doors.
- Up-to-date interior light fixtures -- chandeliers, sconces, ceiling globes, under-cabinet lights in the kitchen, etc.
- Fresh faceplates for wall outlets and light switches (especially replacing the painted-over ones!)
- Decorative curtain and drapery fixtures and rods.
- Attractive kitchen and bathroom drawer pulls and cupboard handles.
- Shiny new water taps and faucets for sinks, tubs and showers.
- New towel racks (why not towels too?).
- Quieter bathroom exhaust fans.
- A sturdy, unstained laundry tub.
- A pegboard and clips for hanging tools in the garage or work room.